• Welcome to African Grey's vibrant community - Forum ! We just started this journey, our aim is to build a friendly community for pet lovers.
    Our goal is to foster a warm and welcoming community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, share your experiences, and learn from one another.
    Don't miss out on the fun! Sign up now and join us in celebrating the love and joy our pets bring into our lives.
  • Welcome, this forum isn't exclusively for African Grey Parrots. While this is my primary focus due to personal experience—I had an African Grey Parrot who I sadly lost—in his memory, I launched this website. So, whether you have any type of bird or parrot, you're welcome here. Everyone is encouraged to read, write, and share knowledge with other forum members.

Caique parrot price | How much do Caiques go for?

TiktokParrot

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there, pet lovers!
Greetings from TiktokParrot,

If you're considering adding a caique parrot to your family, one question you might have is – how much do they cost? Today, let's take a closer look at caique parrot prices and what factors can influence the cost of bringing home one of these lively and colorful birds.

Caique parrots, with their playful personalities and vibrant plumage, are a popular choice among bird enthusiasts. When it comes to pricing, several factors can impact the cost of purchasing a caique parrot:
  1. Age and Color Mutation: The age and color mutation of a caique parrot can significantly influence its price. Younger birds may be less expensive than older, fully weaned adults. Additionally, certain color mutations, such as the black-headed caique or the white-bellied caique, may command higher prices due to their rarity.

2. Breeder Reputation: Reputable breeders who prioritize the health and well-being of their birds may charge higher prices for their caique parrots. While it may be tempting to opt for a cheaper bird from a less reputable source, investing in a well-bred and properly cared for caique can save you money on potential veterinary bills down the line.

3. Location: The cost of caique parrots can vary depending on where you live. Prices may be higher in areas with a high demand for pet birds or lower in regions where caiques are more readily available.

4. Included Services: Some sellers may include additional services such as DNA testing, microchipping, or initial veterinary check-ups in the price of the bird. While these extras may increase the upfront cost, they can provide peace of mind and save you money in the long run.
On average, Caique parrots typically range in price from $800 to $2,500 USD with prices varying depending on the factors mentioned above.
However, prices can sometimes exceed this range for rare color mutations or hand-reared, trained birds.

It's essential to consider not only the upfront cost of purchasing a Caique parrot but also ongoing expenses such as proper housing, veterinary care, toys, and a nutritious diet. Additionally, it's crucial to purchase from a reputable breeder or seller who prioritizes the health and welfare of their birds and provides proper documentation, such as health certificates and DNA sexing.

Before acquiring a Caique parrot, prospective owners should research the species thoroughly, consider their ability to provide appropriate care and attention, and ensure they are prepared for the lifelong commitment of owning a pet bird.

Now, I'm curious to hear from you, our fantastic forum community! Have you purchased or considered purchasing a caique parrot? What was your experience with pricing, and do you have any tips for others who are looking to bring home one of these delightful birds?

If you find this thread/post informative, feel free to share it with your family or friends as it might be helpful to them.

Stay safe!
Cheers!​

Back