• Welcome to African Grey's vibrant community - Forum ! We just started this journey, our aim is to build a friendly community for pet lovers.
    Our goal is to foster a warm and welcoming community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, share your experiences, and learn from one another.
    Don't miss out on the fun! Sign up now and join us in celebrating the love and joy our pets bring into our lives.
  • Welcome, this forum isn't exclusively for African Grey Parrots. While this is my primary focus due to personal experience—I had an African Grey Parrot who I sadly lost—in his memory, I launched this website. So, whether you have any type of bird or parrot, you're welcome here. Everyone is encouraged to read, write, and share knowledge with other forum members.

Origin of African Grey Parrots

TiktokParrot

Administrator
Staff member
Origin of African Grey Parrots

20210903_121605-576x1024.jpg

African Grey Parrots originate from Central Africa, specifically Congo and Cameroon. They are also found in Eastern Africa, but not in Southern Africa. They live in rainforests and eat fruit, nuts, seeds, blossoms, leaves and bark.

African Grey Parrots are one of the most popular pet birds in the world. They are also known for their intelligence and can be taught to speak. They were first captured in Africa, which is why they were originally called African Greys, but now they are found all over the world. Their popularity as pets has led to a lot of people breeding them and so they have become more common than ever before.

The species has been domesticated for over 400 years and is often used as pets. These intelligent parrots have been known to mimic human voices and learn how to say words like “hello” or “what’s up?”

The African Grey Parrot is a medium-sized parrot with a large head, short tail, and long narrow wings. They have a lifespan of 40-50 years on average, but they can live up to 80 years old in captivity. Their feathers are mostly gray with blue highlights and they have red at the top of their wings, thighs, and tail feathers.

According to the data, they say the African Grey Parrot is native to equatorial Africa from Senegal in West Africa east to Mozambique on the Indian Ocean coast; south through tropical Central Africa to Angola and Zambia; then along the eastern coast of South Africa. The range extends just into Sudan in northeast Africa and down through East Africa as far as northern Somalia on the Gulf of Aden coast. Read the complete article here!

Back